Chicago Non-Public Schools Science Exposition, Inc. chartered in the State of Illinois as a non – for – profit corporation in 1977 identified by, the Illinois junior Academy of Science as Region II since 1927 serves all non-public schools, private and independent, encompassing students from all economic, social, and cultural backgrounds.
A dedicated volunteer staff provides vision and leadership in fostering the teaching of science and related scientific research.
Through affiliation, students are prepared to become responsible citizens in an increasing technological world by:
- the promotion of scientific literacy through authentic experiences with research and experimentation;
- the creation of partnerships among parents, sponsors and community organizations;
- the provision of leadership opportunities for students and teacher sponsors through involvement in the operational activities of the organization;
- the encouragement of technical research among students so that greater interest may develop to enter professions involving the various sciences;
- the inspiration of a vision of what MIGHT BE… a process which maps out new approaches based on creativity, practicality and purposeful goals.