All Entries must Be Submitted by January 30th. 2018
Illinois Junior Academy of Science
Region 2 Chicago Non Public Schools
PO Box 37
Itasca, IL 60143-0037
ATTENTION ALL REGION 2 SPONSORS AND STUDENTS
NEWS AND UPDATES FOR T-SHIRT AND COMMEMORATIVE PROGRAM DESIGN CONTEST
Hopefully you and your students are looking forward to exhibiting their science exposition projects for the school and the Region 2 Science Exposition on March 3rd and 4th, 2018.
This year Region 2 will be offering students a chance to submit the winning T-shirt Design and Program Cover Design. The 2018 contest is sponsored by the Student Board of Region 2. The top two entries will be chosen, one for the T-shirt design, and one for the program book. We hope many of you will use your artistic talents and creativity to enter. Those students not participating in the regional fair are also eligible and encouraged to participate. For those students who may be new, the commemorative program book is a memento given to all students participating in the Fair.
We are asking all sponsors to encourage their students to enter the 2018 Program Cover and T-shirt and Design Contest and encourage art teachers to also help in this effort. This year the theme of the design is as follows: “Science is Universal “ students can imagine what this means to them and create artistry corresponding to this theme. Please refer to the specific guidelines on next page.
Submissions for the contest designs must be postmarked no later than January 30th, 2018. The top two entries will be selected by the Region 2 Student Board Members. Each winner will receive a prize and T-shirt. Each participant will receive a certificate of participation and the top designs will be displayed at the Student Board table at the Museum in the Fair area. Winners will be notified on or shortly after February 20th, 2018.
Please refer to the following guidelines before beginning your designs. Entries must be clear and dark enough to be copied easily to the T-shirt and program cover.
Design Contest: Rules of Procedure
- Any student in grades seven through twelve whose school is a member of the Chicago Non-Public Schools Science Exposition is eligible to take part in the Cover and T-shirt Design Contest.
- Students do NOT need to compete in their school’s local science expositions or the Region 2 science exposition with a poster, paper, or essay to be eligible.
- Submit all entries to:
Student Board 2018 Program Cover Design Contest
Illinois Junior Academy of Science Region 2
PO box 37
Itasca, IL 60143-0037
- All entries must be postmarked no later than January 31st, 2018.
- Use BLACK INK or pencil and a 8.5”x11” sheet of white paper for each entry.
Designs MUST be oriented PORTRAIT (NOT LANDSCAPE).
- The design must be original and cannot be computerized.
- Indicate the words “Chicago Non-Public Schools Science Exposition” (this should be large enough to be seen) on your original design. Do not mention year on your design.
- This year the theme of the design is “Science is Universal”
- Keep the design simple for the program covers. All submissions must be black ink or pencil on white paper. The design must be dark enough to copy or will be disqualified.
- Please include the following on the back of the entry:
Home mailing address
Home telephone number
Phone and Email of sponsor
- The winners will be notified shortly after February 20th, 2018. Top designs will be displayed at the Museum Fair for all to view at the Student Board Information Table.