Illinois Junior Academy of Science Design Contest
All Entries must be submitted online by January 30, 2020
ATTENTION ALL REGION 2 SPONSORS AND STUDENTS
NEWS AND UPDATES FOR T-SHIRT AND COMMEMORATIVE PROGRAM DESIGN CONTEST
Hopefully you and your students are looking forward to exhibiting their science exposition projects for the school and the Region 2 Science Exposition.
This year Region 2 will be offering students a chance to submit the winning T-shirt Design and Program Cover Design. The top two entries will be chosen, one for the T-shirt design, and one for the program book. We hope many of you will use your artistic talents and creativity to enter. Those students not participating in the regional fair are also eligible and encouraged to participate. For those students who may be new, the commemorative program book is a memento given to all students participating in the Fair.
We are asking all sponsors to encourage their students to enter the Program Cover and T-shirt and Design Contest and encourage art teachers to also help in this effort. This year the theme of the design is: “Revolutionizing Science”.
Students can imagine what this means to them and create artistry corresponding to this theme. Please refer to the specific guidelines below.
Submissions for the contest designs must be postmarked no later than January 30th, 2020. The top two entries will receive a prize and T-shirt. Winners will be notified before the fair.
Please refer to the following guidelines before beginning your designs. Entries must be clear and dark enough to be copied easily to the T-shirt and program cover.
Design Contest: Rules of Procedure
- Any student in grades seven through twelve whose school is a member of the Chicago Non-Public Schools Science Exposition is eligible to take part in the Cover and T-shirt Design Contest.
- Students do NOT need to compete in their school’s local science expositions or the Region 2 science exposition with a poster, paper, or essay to be eligible.
- Use BLACK INK or pencil and a 8.5”x11” sheet of white paper for each entry. The design must be dark enough to copy or will be disqualified.
- Designs MUST be oriented PORTRAIT (NOT LANDSCAPE).
- The design must be original and cannot be computerized.
- Indicate the words “Chicago Non-Public Schools Science Exposition” (this should be large enough to be seen) on your original design. Do not mention year on your design.
- Submit all entries by January 30, 2020 through Google Form